Frequently Asked Questions
- What is WeDecide?
- How do I sign up?
- How will content and discussions be moderated on this platform?
- What are we trying to accomplish with the WeDecide platform?
- Who provides technical support for this site? Is it reliable?
- Who was involved in creating this tool for the GPC?
- What is sociocracy and how does it apply to GPC?
- Is this initiative endorsed/supported by GPC Federal Council?
- Is this initiative endorsed/supported by GPC staff?
- WeDecide! is a Green Party of Canada "Official Experiment". What does that mean?
Who provides technical support for this site? Is it reliable?
This is an experimental platform and has therefore not been built to the rigorous software and hardware specifications that should be used for a high-availability, large scale platform. GPC members were responsible for funding, installing and maintaining this platform, although any financial costs are now being carried by the GPC (i.e. approximately $100/month).
Nonetheless, it is possible that this site will not be able to maintain the reliability that we would normally expect from production-grade software deployments and the team will consider moving to a production-grade, high-availability deployment if GPC members determine that it is a useful tool.