Safe Spaces Content Guidelines
Our content policies play an important role in maintaining a good greensconnect.ca experience for you, the members. Please respect these guidelines. From time to time, we may change our content policies so please check back here.
Your green.ca account is a privilege. Repeated abuse may result in account suspension and/or termination.
RESPECTING 6 KEY VALUES
Members must agree to and abide by the GPC Code of Conduct and respect the 6 Key Values:
1. Ecological Wisdom - As in nature, members of the Green Party come from different walks in life, but all members are respected, and their contributions to the Party are appreciated;
2. Social Justice - All people are equal in rights and are given equal opportunity to freely express their opinions and thoughts;
3. Participatory Democracy - Transparency and accountability to the general membership is practiced, and party members are encouraged to participate in the democratic process
4. Non-violence - No verbal or written aggression. Insults, threats, or other negative behaviours are not tolerated;
5. Sustainability - All decisions are made for seven generations; and
6. Respect for Diversity - The GPC encourages the expression of diverse ideas and opinions.
No person shall publish material that promotes hate toward groups based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and sexual orientation or gender identity. No person shall use profane, insulting, harassing, or otherwise offensive language, or publicly criticize fellow volunteers, staff, or GPC party members.
No person shall publish direct threats of violence against any person or group of people.
It is our policy to respond to clear notices of alleged copyright infringement.
Members must agree and abide by the GPC Confidentiality Agreement, and not publish any information following under this Agreement.
PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
We do not allow the unauthorized publishing of people's private and confidential information, such as credit card numbers, Social Insurance Numbers, and driver's and other license numbers.