Leadership Contest Committee (LCC)
Organizing Canada's most open, most equitable and most technologically advanced leadership contest
About this assembly
The Leadership Contest Committee is the Federal Council body responsible for ensuring the successful execution of the contest, including meeting all Elections Canada regulatory requirements.
The Leadership Contest Committee (“LCC”)
- is a committee of Federal Council whose members are appointed by Federal Council;
- will act as a steering committee to design the Leadership Contest process, present the Leadership Contest process and Rules to Federal Council for approval, and oversee the smooth implementation of the Leadership Contest;
- may direct GPC staff, within the limitations of work needed for the Leadership Contest, the Party’s Collective Agreement and without any disciplinary authority, and volunteers assigned to the LCC during the Leadership Contest;
- will promote the Leadership Contest process and Rules to interested parties and monitor Leadership Contest milestones;
- will organize or oversee the organization of Common Events (section 20).