Leadership Contest Arbiter (LCA)
Currently under development - not yet active
About this assembly
Body appointed by Federal Council to deal with rule clarification requests, complaints, and appeals of certain LCC decisions.
The Leadership Contest Arbiter (“LCA”)
- is authorized by Federal Council to interpret and enforce compliance with these Leadership Contest Rules;
- will receive, consider and decide on complaints alleging violation of the Rules;
- will receive, consider and decide on the appeal by any Applicant whose application to enter the Leadership Contest was disapproved.
The LCA will be comprised of three members, appointed by Federal Council, who collectively will provide:
- English-French bilingualism (at least one LCA member must be fluently bilingual);
- familiarity with Elections Canada rules; and
- legal knowledge.
LCA members must remain neutral and act impartially throughout the Leadership Contest.
Members of the LCC may not simultaneously be members of the LCA.
All three LCA members shall be required for quorum.
If LCA members are unable to reach consensus, decisions shall be by majority vote.
Date created 28/05/2022